Selecting the Right Company for New Boiler Installation
Up to 10 years warranty on new boilers
01895 638 749
When choosing a company to install your new boiler, it is understandable that most people like to shop around and do a small bit of research. After all, a brand new boiler is a major investment in your central heating, so they thought we’d give you a few things to think about:
1. Make a list of local companies. If you are searching online, then try typing in “new boiler installers” or ” new boiler installation” & do a couple of searches, along with your local area added like new boiler installation Eastcote, new boiler installation Ickenham, new boiler installation Greenford.
2. Draw up a shortlist of no over five companies – you can always widen the list in case you require to.
3. Check out their websites. Look at the sitesand check out contact details.
4. Draw up a list of important criteria – we would recommend that you include:
- Are they Gas Safe Registered? If not, don’t use them.
- When can they come out to you? In the event that they cannot come out for or weeks are you prepared to wait that long?
- Which boilers do they fit? -It’s simple to be confused as you are not a boiler specialist, but in the event that they don’t fit at least of the top manufacturers (Baxi, Worcester Bosch, Ideal), then ask yourself why.
- How much do they charge? Is there a call out charge and if so how much is it?
- Do they offer payment terms? Obviously, a smaller local company may not, so this is not necessarily a deciding factor, but it’s worth finding out as it may be important to you.
- How long have they been operating for? A company with a long track record may be more reliable and will certainly care about its reputation.
- How much they charge for servicing? Most people, one time they have found anyone reliable, like to return to them so it is best to pick a company that provides you with a long term service.
- What guarantee do they offer? The last thing you need if things go wrong is anyone then becomes difficult to contact.
5. Ring all of them up in the coursework of office hours. Weknow it can be subjective, but you’ll know the way you feel after speaking to them. In case you have any doubts use anyone else. Kicking yourself afterwards because ‘something wasn’t right’ won’t be helpful.
6. Don’t be afraid to ask ‘stupid’ questions. When confronted with somebody who has greater technical knowledge than them, it is perfectly normal for people to feel self-conscious. But keep in mind – they are the specialists, not you, so no query you can ask them is dull.
7. Do they ask you any questions? – Theyshould spend a small bit of time looking for out what your needs are, otherwise how can they be sure that they are meeting them?
Buying a used boiler is a significant investment so it is worth taking time to make positive you do it properly. Even in the event you think your boiler is working fine at the moment it is still worth doing a small bit of research.
For example, when you need your boiler servicing, follow the steps above. One time you have found someone reliable, should your boiler breakdown and you need an emergency replacement then you’ll already have done the groundwork and know what to do in the midst of winter when you are freezing chilled!
About Company: Local Plumbers install central heating & new boiler systems all year long, ready for the cold months, many of which are on behalf of government initiatives, https://www.local-plumbers.org/are a national company with locally based sales consultants, installation engineers in Eastcote, Ickenham & Greenford. Contact Us on 01895 6
Company Name: Local Plumbers (London) Limited.
Director: Darren Allen
Director: Ron Hintz
Local Plumbers VAT NO: 245 3030 41
Company Registration No: 9516095
All Gas engineers have to be registered for the HSE gas safe scheme, which is called the gas safe register
Details here:- www.gassaferegister.co.uk